Having routine air conditioning service completed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Port St. Lucie summertime, have the professionals at Custom Air Systems Inc perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than unlawfully freeing it to the atmosphere.
- Look for proper airflow in the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Custom Air Systems Inc today at 772-247-2283.