Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Port St. Lucie during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Custom Air Systems Inc will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Custom Air Systems Inc at 772-247-2283 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.