Whether you like winter or favor the warmer months in Port St. Lucie, many of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a huge impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to bring monthly costs down.
- Check weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to identify any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be valuable in keeping your space warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it should be switched out. We suggest at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a handy way to make sure your home remains warm, but programmable thermostats can also save you money! You can fix temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Take a look and see if you have an acceptable amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—despite your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. The professionals at Custom Air Systems Inc can help you examine the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the selection of newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Custom Air Systems Inc in Port St. Lucie a call to start down the right path. Give us a shout at 772-247-2283 or book an appointment with us online.