With warmer temps close by, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can cut a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Custom Air Systems Inc specialist do air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system operating well for a long time. He or she can be sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify possible issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have it’s own needs when dealing with air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at Custom Air Systems Inc a call at 772-247-2283.