When it’s chilly in Port St. Lucie you rely on your heat pump to keep you warm. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit in your future. Yearly maintenance service from experts can keep your system running efficiently and identify potential problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to keep an eye out for cues that indicate repair is required. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem not as strong? These symptoms could point to a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is jammed heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump regulates the temperature in your home by passing refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When it’s cold out, heat pumps shift the process and moves refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to convert modes, it may be time to contact an expert to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling as usual. Your heat pump could be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might point to a simple problem. Your thermostat might need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled consistently. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem endures, contact a professional to see why your system is malfunctioning or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump begin running loudly or making noises you’re not familiar with, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The experts at Custom Air Systems Inc will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.