Maintaining your heat pump
is vital to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Port St. Lucie winter. If you already called Custom Air Systems Inc for your annual service, you’re absolutely ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Give us a call at 772-247-2283 to get one scheduled.
There are plenty of simple things you can do in between professional maintenance to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or swap them when suggested. This is such a easy way to increase the airflow through your heat pump and preserve top efficiency.
- Check to see if your coils and fans are open for optimum airflow. Decreased airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have grown up near your outdoor unit or a mess has accumulated, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to guarantee that it’s working appropriately. Merely turn it on and gradually increase the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, look back to our blog post on heat pump repair or additional thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and cozy matters to us. For more ideas on DIY furnace maintenance or to schedule a tune-up with one of our experts, call Custom Air Systems Inc at 772-247-2283 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!