Summer has arrived! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Port St. Lucie is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Custom Air Systems Inc always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace the filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Custom Air Systems Inc in Port St. Lucie at 772-247-2283 today.